Is Your Color Always Fading?
You invest your money sitting in the chair, investing the time to properly care for your color treated hair at home is also very important.
1. Shampoo less frequently. Dry Shampoo is your friend.
2. When you do shampoo, make sure to always use a professional color protecting or a sulfate free shampoo.
3. Avoid heat styling but if you have to use heat protectant. Heat protectants are very important. They help protect your hair against the damaging effects of your hot tools. Use a cream before blowdrying and a spray protectant before curling or flat ironing.
4. Try to avoid products with high amounts of alcohol, which can be extremely drying especially for curly hair.
5.Turn Down the temperature of your water. Just like you skin, your hair benefits from cooler temps to avoid drying it out. Cold water also helps to seal the outside of the hair strand preventing color from slipping out.
6. Invest in a color toning shampoo or a custom made color toning mask made by yours truly! When used once a week or every two weeks it can improve the longevity of your color. Especial useful for those with vivid or fantasy hair.
Ask me about the types of products perfect for your hair and lifestyle!